Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Artist, Chris "Tobar" Rodriguez

Artist, Chris “Tobar” Rodriguez. I was born and raised in Chicago, IL. I attended the Art Institute at the age of 12; one of the youngest students in many of my classes. I moved to Florida in 2005 to attended Full Sail University for Recording Arts but found my love in type, color and expression in Digital Art and Design were I now have a Associates and Bachelors degree in. I am a local Orlando multimedia artist and graphic designer specializing in stencil art, digital design and character drawing. Working with spray paint, wallpaper paste, paper and exacto knives. I have been making art for 23 years, and I am 1/5 co-founder of the local street artist collective B-Side Artists and founder of Inprogress Magazine a local online media site.

Artist: Chris "Tobar" Rodriguez




Why The Gas Mask?
The mask is nothing more then my identity. The idea of it is for me to be myself, for that I would have to filter out all the B.S and other unwanted troubles in life. Think as to what the true purpose of a gas mask was before the war turn into what you know of it today? This also goes along the lines of any musicians/writer and visual artists who wants to be their self, they have to let the art they create be their face and their voice to who they are just to get the world to listen to him or her. In the end its just a mask, just like a brand I stand behind it.

Art By: Chris "Tobar" Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment