Monday, December 19, 2011

Today's Spotlight Artist Is "Karen Russell" 12-19-11

I always find it hard to write bios. Its hard not to sound like an egotistical masturbator. That, and I am bad at the floral nonsensical accumulation of words describing my art. I mostly get irritated at bios and descriptions like that. Somehow the bullshit banter is a staple in the art world. perhaps its a short coming of my own. In short, im driven by aesthetics. I get obsessed with certain colors. you can usually tell what color has gripped my soul lately from the paint all over my face and clothes. Portraiture is my paramour. Painting someone's portrait is akin to falling in love with them. As an artist, you notice both the minute perfections and imperfections that only a lover would notice.


It took a series of menial jobs and ultimately a knee injury that put me out of work to discover my complete and engulfing passion for painting.


I see myself currently as a complete amateur.  I feel like I have another 10 years to go until I reach the sweet spot of being satisfied with my work.
Artist: Karen Russell
Photo By: She Framed Me Photography




No comments:

Post a Comment